Yoga begins and ends with ease

Yoga begins and ends with ease

Ask anyone you know a question about yoga. And you will get as many different answers as the number of people you speak with. The reason is that yoga is over 5000 years old and is just becoming more popular in the modern societies of the western world. It's history is broad and it has been studied and written about by a variety of scholars, practitioners and historians.

My yoga practice is still in it's infancy after thirteen years compared with many others who practice this ancient art. I began my practice to alleviate the symptoms of stress. When I begin my practice it is with a beginners mind as my instructors (men and women from diverse backgrounds) use their skills to guide everyone through a heartfelt practice. The classes are taught with seeming ease. Each time I enter the yoga room it is with the intention to do the best I can. At the end of the class there is always a time to reflect on the present moment. And in that period of reflection perhaps you are open to a new insight that is helpful in your life after the class.

Comments

Popular Posts