Breathe, Spring Ahead

Breathe, Spring Ahead



The focus on the breath is one way we learn to become more mindful.  With focus on the breath distractions will arise in our thoughts that pull us away from the breath. Upon awareness of a distraction, gently guide the mind again towards awareness of the breath. Be attentive to the inhalation and exhalations. There are many aspects of the breath that may become more present as you sit comfortably for meditation or recline in a yoga posture. In this practice of breath awareness, it is not necessary to try to manipulate or judge the breath. Just focus your awareness on the breath for as long as possible. In yoga we add this breath practice at the beginning or end of class. In meditation there is more time for a longer breath practice maybe up to 30 minutes or 60 minutes. As this breath centered practice becomes more of a routine you may notice it helps you find those precious moments of inner peace.

"I breathe slowly in, I breathe slowly out. 
My breath is a pathway of peace moving softly through me.
Each day I can breathe and be.
I watch the stream. Each thought is a floating leaf.
One leaf is worry, another leaf is sadness. The leaves drift softly away.
I breath slowly in, I breath slowly out.
My breath is a river of peace, I am her in the world. 
Each moment I can breathe and be."


Namaste
Dee Williams

Comments

Popular Posts