Rushing In

Rushing In

This morning is was pouring down rain. The type of rain that makes you feel a little bit anxious as you hurry from the house to the car. And then from the car you feel as though you need to rush into the next place that you arrive at so you won't get to wet. I noticed that everyone seemed more hurried as they moved about in the rain. It seems like the sound and the intensity of the rain made me feel like I had to rush too. 

After I sat for a while to meditate, before class, I realized that the rain is so great. Because it cleans the air, and washes away the dust, and waters the lawn. I also reflected on how blessed we are to have a day of pouring rain when others are suffering drought conditions due to a lack of water. When I embraced the feeling of appreciation for the rain, it felt okay to let the sound of  rain into the yoga class today. So,  today the door was left open to the outside pouring rain. I believe we felt a collective appreciation for the pouring down rain today in Seattle.


This is a photo from my recent Ride the Ducks trip to Lake Union. My prayers of peace and blessings today are in honor of those who lost their lives or were injured in the accident on the Aurora Bridge in Seattle.

Namaste,
Dee Williams
www.kanjinyoga.com

Comments

Popular Posts