The Year in My Rear View Mirror



The year in my rear view mirror is my reflection on 2014.

This month I placed a new mirror over the visor in my old car. And when the old car broke down I got it fixed instead of buying another. I think this sums up a lot of what this year has felt like. Instead of selling an old house I rewired it. Instead of continuing to use a generic theme for my yoga business I worked with an artist to design a new logo and brand identity. Instead of cutting my hair off I let my daughter design a style that worked for my lifestyle.  There have been many times this year when I made a left turn away from what might seem like the way to go. The biggest decision was to complete my training as a certified yoga therapist and in so doing extending my ability to serve a variety of clients. In each of these major decision there was a moment of quiet contemplation. And this is when my answer came from deep inside (my intuition). I look back from January until today and notice that much has happened to affect and enrich my life. I have been open and reflective though it all. 

This year I felt stronger in my resolve to continue my unique journey in life with a seeking spirit. In the midst of all of life’s challenges I was completing a new book. And to my surprised it has been well received and one of my poem was selected for a King County Poetry on Buses project. I also stepped onto the stage a few times to read some of my poems at public events. It seemed all of these life event were happening at the same time.

The more I worked hard off the mat, I met and welcomed many new students to the practice of yoga and helped existing students continue their unique journey into yoga. I really look forward to introducing more students to the practice of yoga in 2015. Two areas of my life that remained a constant in the midst of all the changes are my dedication to my practice of yoga and meditation. Making time for my practice was challenging with so much going on throughout the year. But I seemed to always find the time. Many times it meant waking up at 3 or 4 AM to meditate and practice yoga asana. And taking time during a mid-day break to just sit quietly and breathe.
As the year comes a close I am grateful for the encouragement from friends and colleagues. I am thankful for health. I am honored to have students that enjoy their yoga practice and continue to the best of their abilities. This year I most appreciated the quality time spent with family. And look forward with an open mind to another amazing year!

Namaste
D

Read excepts from Bodhisattva Wisdom here.
Learn more about the Poetry on Buses project here.

Comments

Popular Posts