Begin Again

What are we going to do after the November presidential election in the US? It has been such a long campaign season. And the intensity and insensitivity and the misleading advertising has been intense. All for the purpose to convince as many people as possible to vote for one candidate and not the other. When I am thinking about this process of using ads against a political opponent it does not seem like the best use of resources. Why not spend that money talking about the issue that is most interesting to the public. I mean pick a topic and discuss it honestly. Tell it like it is. Can we create a mind map to show how we got to this point in our use of the media for such unimpressive campaigning.

After the November campaign based upon what I have seen so far I think the next seasons campaigns will begin again. What has this to do with the way people are living their lives right now? More than anything I think it shows more than just a divide that exists in the nation between rich and poor. It shows that no one is really looking into the real lives of real people. I don't feel helpless because I know that I am not alone in my decision to turn off the TV and get involved with what is really going on in my community. Reality TV and Political Ads and Violent Programs dominate the major television media. While the news about all of the good things that are happening all around us go under reported. For instance, the parades and celebrations for the returning soldiers don't get much coverage. The neighbors helping neighbors stories go unnoticed by the major media.

Anyway, I just thought I would talk about our chance to do things differently after the November election. The opportunity is at hand for us to think and act different as a nation. I am more interested in knowing what we are doing to change our country for the better. And would like to see more media coverage on these topics. Do we have the courage to begin again? With more positive energy directed towards our dreams and goals as a nation. I would like to see more stories shared about what is going on in the communities across the nation to rise up from the lows of the recession.

And with that said, if you found it difficult to keep up with your fitness routine for whatever reason. Never fell like it is too late to begin again. Even if you just get out for a walk for just 15 minutes with a friend. Or take your kids or grand kids to the park for a little fun on the slide or swing. If you push them a few time you are actually using your muscles. If you boost them up on the slide that also takes some energy. And if you are really feeling the energy at the playground try getting on the swing, or perhaps running or brisk walking around the play area a few times.

I recently went out to the park with my grandchildren and found this was such a fun time. The kids are so filled with energy that some of it caught me and I found myself pushing the swing for one of my kids and then they wanted to race me across the play field. It was amazing fun. Just walk, or do whatever you can. Just begin again.

Dee and Fahari heading to the park. We picked up a few snacks from the PCC Market

Comments

Popular Posts